Trust + Estate Services
The decision to establish a trust or settle an estate is a unique moment in life.
It is a moment for caring about the financial future of those who will survive us. It is an investment in continuity, sometimes for multiple generations. Caring and continuity — they also describe the Haverford approach to trusts and estates.
Caring for Those Who Matter Most
The Haverford Trust Company seeks to relieve families of the burden of administering an estate or trust while communicating clearly and sensitively with each member. We consider ourselves part of your team and work closely with your attorneys, CPAs, financial planners and healthcare providers to achieve the goals you set. We facilitate family members’ interaction with these advisers so as to encourage cooperation and make possible a quick resolution of outstanding issues. Whether we function as executor, trustee or in some other role, our highest priorities are confidentiality, objectivity, responsiveness — and protecting the value of the estate or trust. One management fee covers both trust administration and investment management. Haverford provides personalized service uniquely suited for relationships of $1 million or more.
- Communicating with family members
- Providing detailed asset statements and meeting regularly with beneficiaries
- Assisting with financial affairs
- Paying bills in case of incapacitation
- Managing and executing annual gift-giving programs
- Serving as guardian of the estate
- Managing assets
- Administering and ensuring compliance with trust agreements
- Overseeing all payments and distributions from principal
- Supervising preparation of fiduciary tax returns and payment of taxes
- Preparing court accountings
* Haverford does not provide legal or tax advice.
The Living TrustView Trust Details >
The Living Trust
Flexible trust agreements that allow assets to pass to heirs without going through probate.
Charitable Remainder TrustView Trust Details >
Charitable Remainder Trust
Reducing your tax burden while providing a significant gift to the charity of your choice.
Irrevocable TrustView Trust Details >
Ensuring that your wishes are carried out during your lifetime and after to protect those you care most about.
Estate SettlementView Trust Details >
Offering the services of an experienced and objective executor for the settlement of your estate
Special Needs TrustsView Trust Details >
Special Needs Trusts
Protecting individuals who are physically, mentally or behaviorally challenged.